This year marks the end of the second decade of the 2000s. In honor of this, we thought we’d take a look back at our decade with an end-of-year series.
The internet loves lists, especially year-end ones, and we’ve been feeding that love a little bit this December. We have hosted six lists of expert Decade-Best picks, including movies, games, writing, TV, music, and art. Our previous experts have been philosophers and other academics whose work concerns these topics, and people working in/on the relevant media.
Today, we have a slightly different theme. Our experts are our own Aesthetics for Birds staff, and they’ll be giving their Top Ten lists across all media and genres, no restrictions (though with some extra effort to include stuff in categories not already covered). It’s art and aesthetics in the broadest possible sense. So without further delay, let’s see this decade’s top aesthetic offerings.
Our contributors are:
- Roy T Cook, AFB staff writer, professor in Philosophy at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Anthony Cross, AFB staff writer, lecturer in Philosophy at Texas State University
- Matt Strohl, AFB staff writer, professor in Philosophy at the University of Montana
- Mary Beth Willard, AFB staff writer, associate professor in Philosophy at Weber State University
- Thi Nguyen, AFB assistant editor, associate professor in Philosophy at Utah Valley University
- Alex King, AFB editor-in-chief, assistant professor in Philosophy at SUNY Buffalo