call for papers
Christy Mag Uidhir and Cynthia Freeland
A Special Issue of
Submission on any philosophical treatment of printmaking are welcome, but papers addressing these topics are especially welcome:
- Is printmaking an essential part of the art-historical narrative, Western or otherwise?
- What are the implications of the relationship between print artists and master printers for issues of authorship and artistry?
- What are the descriptive or evaluative implications of the practices of editioning, proofing, or plate striking?
- What are the implications of printmaking practices for print ontology–whether prints are best construed as repeateable works, single-instance works, or something else entirely?
- How do issues of originality or authenticity for printmaking compare to those for other forms of visual art?
- What are the implications qua art (if not also qua print) of digital prints (for example, laser C-prints or inkjet Giclée prints)?
Submissions should not exceed 7,000 words and must comply with the general guidelines for submissions (see “Submissions” on the JAAC page on the American Society for Aesthetics website:www.aesthetics-online.org). Anytime after February 15, 2013, upload submissions to the JAAC online submission website, http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jaac, making sure they are identified as submissions for the special issue.
If you have questions please contact:
Christy Mag Uidhir, University of Houston